Updated Jan 18, 2013 - 12:08 pm
Alvin Gentry out as head coach of the Phoenix Suns
The Suns lost 98-94 to the Milwaukee Bucks at US Airways Center Thursday night. The defeat, their fourth straight at home, dropped the Suns' record to a Western Conference-worst 13-28.
Gentry was in his fifth season as head coach of the Suns and had compiled a record of 158-144. The 58-year-old became the coach of the team in February of 2009 on an interim basis when Terry Porter was fired in his first season on the job. Gentry guided the Suns to an 18-13 mark the rest of the season. He was given the job on a permanent basis following the completion of the 2008-09 season
Undoubtedly, the finest moments of the Gentry era came in the 2009-10 season when the Suns reached the Western Conference Finals before falling to the Los Angeles Lakers in six games. Los Angeles would go on to defeat the Boston Celtics to win the NBA championship.
The Suns have missed the postseason in three of the last four seasons and are very much in danger of doing so again this season.
The Suns don't play another game until next Wednesday when they travel to take on the Sacramento Kings.
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.