Suns Strokes: Suns comeback falls short, lose to Pacers on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 97-91 loss to the Pacers on December 28.
The Suns received a strong effort from Sebastian Telfair, who had 19 points and six assists in a starting role.
Marcin Gortat added a double-double of 15 points and 10 rebounds in the loss.
The Suns stepped it up in an energetic third quarter behind a much improved defensive effort. Phoenix held Indiana to only 6 of 21 shooting in the third.
Phoenix rallied from a 16-point deficit and briefly took the lead but ultimately couldn't complete the comeback.
With the loss, Phoenix's road record fell to an abysmal 2-12 on the season.
The Suns once again fell behind early due to sloppy play and shoddy defense in the first half. Alvin Gentry had to go to the bench eight minutes into the game because his team was in early foul trouble.
Kendall Marshall only played 7:20 and didn't record a single point.
• Phoenix was without starting point guard Goran Dragic, who was sidelined due to a lingering left hip bruise caused by a flagrant foul from J.R. Smith Wednesday.
• The Suns have now dropped four games in a row. In contrast, the Pacers have won four straight, including seven of eight.
• Jared Dudley did not tally a point under the second quarter.
The Suns will head to Minnesota to play the Timberwolves on Saturday, December 29. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?