Suns Strokes: Suns comeback falls short, lose to Pacers on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 97-91 loss to the Pacers on December 28.
The Suns received a strong effort from Sebastian Telfair, who had 19 points and six assists in a starting role.
Marcin Gortat added a double-double of 15 points and 10 rebounds in the loss.
The Suns stepped it up in an energetic third quarter behind a much improved defensive effort. Phoenix held Indiana to only 6 of 21 shooting in the third.
Phoenix rallied from a 16-point deficit and briefly took the lead but ultimately couldn't complete the comeback.
With the loss, Phoenix's road record fell to an abysmal 2-12 on the season.
The Suns once again fell behind early due to sloppy play and shoddy defense in the first half. Alvin Gentry had to go to the bench eight minutes into the game because his team was in early foul trouble.
Kendall Marshall only played 7:20 and didn't record a single point.
• Phoenix was without starting point guard Goran Dragic, who was sidelined due to a lingering left hip bruise caused by a flagrant foul from J.R. Smith Wednesday.
• The Suns have now dropped four games in a row. In contrast, the Pacers have won four straight, including seven of eight.
• Jared Dudley did not tally a point under the second quarter.
The Suns will head to Minnesota to play the Timberwolves on Saturday, December 29. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t