Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 12:50 pm
Suns look to solve their road woes
A three-game, four-day road trip begins Friday in Indiana before stopping in Minnesota and then arriving in Oklahoma City on New Year's Eve.
"It's a test of: Are we going to stand in and compete," head coach Alvin Gentry said of a trip that will cover 4,088 miles.
In 13 road games this season, the Suns have but two victories. Only Sacramento and Washington have had less success, each with just a single road win.
"Young teams don't usually have success in the NBA," Jared Dudley said.
The Suns' last successful road game was November 27 at Cleveland, winning 91-78. Since then, the Suns have lost six straight away from home.
"It is very difficult to win on the road," Gentry said.
The Suns are their own worst enemy on the road, allowing ten more points per game on the road (106.5) than they do at home (96.3).
"For us," Dudley said, "it's being confident enough take those shots that you normally would take at home on the road. People pass it up and that's why usually stars do a lot better on the road because the role players don't play as well.
"For us," Dudley continued, "it's just concentrating, limiting our turnovers, being confident. When you have that shot, shoot it and we've got to knock them down."
- Phoenix Suns ‘can't relax' against shorthanded San Antonio Spurs
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic 'just having fun'
- Phoenix Suns GM McDonough says Plumlee, Frye made Marcin Gortat expendable
- Grantland writer: Phoenix Suns are 'the best story in the league'
- Phoenix Suns coach: Surprising start attributed to talent, effort and teamwork
- The DISH - December 18, 2013 - Wednesday December 18Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns GM - Tuesday December 17Miles Plumlee has thrived since the Marcin Gortat trade.
- Frank Isola, NY Daily News - Tuesday December 17The mess that is the NY Knicks, and what an east coast analyst thinks of the Suns.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday December 17What is the future for the Suns back court?
- The DISH - December 15, 2013 - Sunday December 15Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.