Suns Strokes: 'Lob City' handles Suns for 13th straight win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 103-77 loss to the Clippers on December 23.
Jared Dudley continues to enjoy his return to the starting lineup. He scored a team-high 19 points. It's the sixth time in eight games he's scored 15 or more points as a starter since December 8.
Markieff Morris scored 10 points off the bench. It's his second-straight double-digit scoring effort and his sixth in his last nine games.
A night after their season-high four-game winning streak was snapped, the Suns see their season-high four-game home winning streak come to an end.
The Suns were outscored 15-3 to end the first half, giving the Clippers a double-digit lead they would never relinquish.
"[Sunday] they took it to us, no excuses," Dudley said. "They were just the better team. Everything they wanted to do, they did it and everything we tried to take away, we didn't."
• Suns scored a season-low tying 77 points as they remain winless on the second night of a back-to-back this season (0-6).
• Clippers won for the first time at US Airways Center since April 17, 2007, ending a 10-game losing streak in Phoenix.
• Michael Beasley (illness) missed his first game of the season.
The Suns (11-17) play their final home game of 2012, hosting Amare Stoudemire and the New York Knicks on Wednesday, December 26.
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?