Suns Strokes: Brown leads another comeback victory
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 101-90 win over the Kings on December 17.
Shannon Brown scored seven straight points to finish a 24-4 Suns' run (from the end of the second quarter to midway through the third quarter) that erased a 19-point deficit. He had 14 of his team-high 22 points in the quarter that saw the Suns outscore the Kings 31-14, establishing a new opponent season low third quarter points.
The Suns matched a season-low for points in the first quarter (16) by shooting 6-of-23 (26%). Over a 6:31 stretch between the first and second quarters, the Suns missed 11 straight shots as the Kings went on a 19-3 run.
He Said It
"My teammates and coaches did a great job of running plays and trying to give me the ball in positions where I could make something happen and be successful," Brown said.
• The Suns won their season-high third straight game to become the first NBA team since last season's New Orleans' Hornets to follow a losing streak of seven games or more with a win streak of three or more. They also became the first Phoenix squad to do so since 1987-88 when the Suns followed a nine-game skid with four straight victories.
• Phoenix has held three straight opponents to 90 or fewer points for the first time since Dec. 10-13, 2006.
• Luis Scola had a career-high 10 assists becoming just the fifth non-guard to record double-digit assists in a game this season, joining Kevin Durant, Al Horford, Greg Monroe and Nicolas Batum.
• Marcin Gortat recorded his NBA-tying fourth game of five or more blocks this season (Roy Hibbert, Serge Ibaka, Larry Sanders). No Sun has had more than three such games in an entire season since Amare Stoudemire in 2007-08.
The Suns (10-15) host the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, December 19 to close out the season-high five-game homestand.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?