Updated Dec 12, 2012 - 2:06 pm
Gentry: Suns lineup could change frequently
And for that reason, head coach Alvin Gentry is making another shift to the Suns' starting five.
Veteran power forward Luis Scola will move back into the starting lineup, replacing second-year man Markieff Morris.
But Gentry, a guest of Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 620 Wednesday, says the starting five could change frequently in the near future.
"We've just got to look at it and go 'hey, this might be a better lineup for this game' and that's what we've got to go with," he said. "We still want to try and continue to tweak the thing and get to the point where we've got consistency where we really feel good about what we're going to get night in, night out."
Gentry also said that point guard Goran Dragic should be back in the lineup against Memphis. The Slovenian southpaw missed the Suns' last game -- a 98-90 loss to Orlando Sunday night -- with flu-like symptoms.
"He feels a lot better than he did the other day, which is really important, so we'll just stick him out there and hopefully he can go," Gentry said. "He was just very sick the other night and wasn't going to be able to play and have any kind of effect on the game.
"He went home, he's had two days and I think he's feeling much better."
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.