Suns' Beasley labeled 'toxic' by anonymous source
Sunday's loss to the mediocre Orlando Magic at US Airways Center pushed their current losing streak to seven games -- their longest since February of 2004.
And now, this.
Shaun Powell, a writer for SportsonEarth.com who has more than 25 years experience covering the league, has put out the following tweet on Suns forward Michael Beasley.
Suns source: Michael Beasley is "toxic," team in tailspin, could lead to major shakeup.— Shaun Powell (@Powell2daPeople) December 10, 2012
Beasley, who had the label of 'enigma' when he signed with the Suns, has done little to shake it in his first 22 games in Phoenix. The fifth-year pro from Kansas State has been relegated to the bench after starting the first 20 games of the season. Counted on to be a consistent scoring threat, Beasley is averaging only 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per contest while shooting only 38% from the field -- all career lows.
We're not sure what 'major shakeup' means, especially in light of the fact that the Suns underwent just that in the offseason, adding nine new faces to the roster.
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM