Updated Dec 9, 2012 - 10:44 pm
Suns Strokes: Phoenix falters late against Orlando
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 98-90 loss to the Magic on December 9.
Shannon Brown scored 10 of his team-high 17 points during a 19-4 run midway through the third quarter that saw the Suns take a 67-61 lead with 4:16 remaining in the quarter. Brown extended his season-best streak to six consecutive double-digit scoring efforts.
Jared Dudley, meanwhile, reached double figures in scoring for the fifth time in his last six games.
The Suns seven-game losing streak is the team's longest since 2003-04, the season before Steve Nash returned. As a result, head coach Alvin Gentry canceled the team's off day Monday. He'll have his club practice, a rarity following back-to-back games.
The Suns allowed a Magic team that was 28th in the league in scoring (91.8 points per game) and 20th in shooting (32.6%) to light up the scoreboard for 98 points on a season-best 51.9% shooting.
He Said It
"We played well for maybe three quarters and then we stopped," Marcin Gortat said. "We didn't compete. We didn't play hard enough. We are not playing tough enough."
• Goran Dragic (sick) and PJ Tucker (knee sprain) did not play.
• Suns fell to 0-5 on the second night of a back-to-back this season.
• Suns in their last two games have allowed better than 60 percent shooting in the fourth quarter (63.6 percent by Clippers and 64.7 percent by Magic) while getting outscored by a combined 23 points.
The Suns (7-15) host Memphis (14-4) on Wednesday, December 12 at 7:00 p.m. MST
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.