Rowley: Only a handful of Suns fans have asked for refund
While the Phoenix Suns dropped their fifth straight game Thursday night to the Dallas Mavericks, team president Jason Rowley said the organization's "Satisfaction Guaranteed Night" turned out to be a pretty successful promotion.
The one-night offer gave every fan who entered US Airways Center Thursday night the opportunity to send their ticket stub back in for a full refund if they were unhappy with any aspect of their game experience.
Less than 24 hours later, Rowley said only a handful of patrons have asked for their money back.
"We've had one phone call to our switchboard on how to get a refund," Rowley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Friday. "We've had just a couple hundred people inquiring on our website page and clicking through our website on how to get a refund, and more than half of those clicks have come from articles referencing the website and the promotion."
While the on-court product sent the season-high crowd of 17,517 fans home displeased with yet another another discouraging performance, Rowley said overall the reaction was rather positive.
"We sampled a lot of our fans as they were walking out the door last night," said Rowley. "We had people staffed at each door asking people 'How they enjoyed the experience?' and 'What they thought?' Not that it was uniform but the vast majority said 'Yeah, would have loved to had won, but we like what you guys are doing. We had a great experience and no I'm not going to ask for a refund.'
"We just want people to have a good time. That's the bottom line."
With the attendance numbers up for at least one night, Rowley was asked if the organization planned to do a similar event at some point later this season.
"I don't know," said Rowley. "I've been asked that question from a few other media follow-up inquiries today, and the reason I say that is because we are giving people a reasonable period of time to redeem...so we don't have all the data yet."
Rowley did not that while not all the data has been gathered, several other teams and professional leagues have inquired about the logistics of putting together a similar promotion.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?
- Victor Oladipo, 2013 NBA draft prospect - Wednesday June 5Oladipo discussed his workout with the Suns and why teams should want him.