Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 4:12 pm
Suns' Alvin Gentry vague about pending lineup changes
Speaking with Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, Gentry left no clue on what moves he planned on making to the starting five after hinting changes were inevitable.
"I think everybody will find out tonight," said Gentry when asked about the lineup shuffling.
When presented with the possibilities of Shannon Brown getting the nod over Jared Dudley or Michael Beasley coming off the bench, Gentry was even more vague and simply responded both "could be a possibility."
Gentry added that when fans see the changes he's made they shouldn't be quick to base his team's poor play on those players being moved around in the lineup.
"When you change the lineup, that doesn't necessarily mean the players you've taken out of the lineup are responsible for the reason you're not playing well or getting off to a bad start or playing poorly," said Gentry. "I think that needs to be understood. But I think the combinations of the five guys that have been out there have not been effective."
"We've got the stats that we look at to prove it and the combinations of guys that we've had out there," said Gentry. "So in order for us to get this thing turned around, we've got make changes and we have to see if certain other people can work in the lineup. We'll do that and see if that works and if it doesn't, we'll try something else."
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.