Updated Nov 21, 2012 - 4:12 pm
Suns' Alvin Gentry vague about pending lineup changes
Speaking with Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo, Gentry left no clue on what moves he planned on making to the starting five after hinting changes were inevitable.
"I think everybody will find out tonight," said Gentry when asked about the lineup shuffling.
When presented with the possibilities of Shannon Brown getting the nod over Jared Dudley or Michael Beasley coming off the bench, Gentry was even more vague and simply responded both "could be a possibility."
Gentry added that when fans see the changes he's made they shouldn't be quick to base his team's poor play on those players being moved around in the lineup.
"When you change the lineup, that doesn't necessarily mean the players you've taken out of the lineup are responsible for the reason you're not playing well or getting off to a bad start or playing poorly," said Gentry. "I think that needs to be understood. But I think the combinations of the five guys that have been out there have not been effective."
"We've got the stats that we look at to prove it and the combinations of guys that we've had out there," said Gentry. "So in order for us to get this thing turned around, we've got make changes and we have to see if certain other people can work in the lineup. We'll do that and see if that works and if it doesn't, we'll try something else."
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.