Updated Nov 17, 2012 - 10:15 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns fall to defending champion Heat
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 97-88 loss to the Heat on November 17. Final Score: Heat 97, Suns 88
Head coach Alvin Gentry said after the game that something will change with the starting line-up before the next game. That may be a good thing because the Suns can't seem to avoid falling behind, losing again Saturday against the Heat after trailing in the first quarter.
The Suns are now 4-7 on the season and they missed their first nine shots to go down early once again. The Heat led this game by as many as 15 points at one point. They bounced back and took the lead at one time by as many as nine points.
The Suns also committed 16 turnovers Saturday and allowed the Heat to score 36 points in the paint.
• The Suns were playing on the second night of a back-to-back. They arrived from Los Angeles early Saturday morning before turning around to play the World Champion Miami Heat on Saturday night. Shannon Brown, Alvin Gentry and Goran Dragic acknowledged that it is mentally and physically taxing to play games when you are always coming from behind.
He Said It:
"We gotta stop having the starts that we're having," Gentry said. "The only way that we can probably deal with that is we are going to have to change the line-up. Probably the next game we play, it won't be the same line-up you've seen."
The Suns are off until Wednesday when they host the Portland Trailblazers at US Airways Center at 7 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.