Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 8:39 am
Suns Strokes: Suns fall to Jazz on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 94-81 loss to the Utah Jazz on November 10. Final Score: Jazz 94, Suns 81
The Suns attempted a second comeback in as many nights but their spirited effort fell short. In the fourth quarter, they went on a 15-2 run to narrow Utah's lead to single digits. But ultimately, they couldn't overcome a 22-point deficit against the Jazz on Saturday.
Luis Scola performed well for Phoenix, finishing the game with 21 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Suns' offensive attack.
The bench was once again a bright spot for head coach Alvin Gentry. He went to his reserves earlier against the Jazz and it paid off as they helped cut into Utah's big lead.
The Suns once again dug themselves in a hole early and it proved too steep to overcome on the road against an opponent who's size proved problematic.
Gentry's squad had trouble rebounding the ball as the Jazz held a 52-37 advantage in that area.
• The Suns shot just 36.8 percent in the defeat.
• Marcin Gortat finished the game 0 of 6 shooting with just one point.
• Shannon Brown had averaged 21.3 points over the past three games but was held to just four against the Jazz.
The Suns will host the Denver Nuggets on Monday night at 7:00 p.m.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.