Updated Nov 12, 2012 - 8:39 am
Suns Strokes: Suns fall to Jazz on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 94-81 loss to the Utah Jazz on November 10. Final Score: Jazz 94, Suns 81
The Suns attempted a second comeback in as many nights but their spirited effort fell short. In the fourth quarter, they went on a 15-2 run to narrow Utah's lead to single digits. But ultimately, they couldn't overcome a 22-point deficit against the Jazz on Saturday.
Luis Scola performed well for Phoenix, finishing the game with 21 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Suns' offensive attack.
The bench was once again a bright spot for head coach Alvin Gentry. He went to his reserves earlier against the Jazz and it paid off as they helped cut into Utah's big lead.
The Suns once again dug themselves in a hole early and it proved too steep to overcome on the road against an opponent who's size proved problematic.
Gentry's squad had trouble rebounding the ball as the Jazz held a 52-37 advantage in that area.
• The Suns shot just 36.8 percent in the defeat.
• Marcin Gortat finished the game 0 of 6 shooting with just one point.
• Shannon Brown had averaged 21.3 points over the past three games but was held to just four against the Jazz.
The Suns will host the Denver Nuggets on Monday night at 7:00 p.m.
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.