Updated Nov 8, 2012 - 8:44 am
Suns Strokes: Gortat, Brown lead Suns past Bobcats
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 117-110 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on November 7. Final Score: Suns 117, Bobcats 110
The Suns enjoyed strong performances from Marcin Gortat, Michael Beasley and Shannon Brown en route to an impressive victory Wednesday night.
Gortat had 23 points and 10 rebounds, while Beasley broke out of his offensive slump to contribute 21 points and 15 rebounds in the win.
Brown channeled his inner Reggie Miller, sinking six three-pointers in the fourth quarter, helping to pace the Suns' offense. The former Bobcat finished with 24 points off the bench for Phoenix.
Luis Scola and Jared Dudley's struggles continued Wednesday night. Scola had only nine points and seven rebounds while Dudley scored 10 points and added four rebounds for the Suns.
The Suns' defense also left a lot to be desired. Charlotte scored 110 points, their biggest offensive output since January 14 of last season when they scored 112 in a win over the Golden State Warriors. The Bobcats' 110 points were their season-high and only the eighth time they've topped the century mark since the beginning of the
"We all were screaming like 'don't do it!' And then 'great job, Shannon!' I mean you've gotta keep shooting -- if you're making all those threes, you've gotta keep shooting. If I make a three, trust me, I'm going to launch another one." -- Suns center Marcin Gortat on his team's reaction during Brown's fourth quarter shooting streak.
• The last time the Suns had two 20-point, 10-rebound performances in the same game was on March 22, 2011 when Gortat and Channing Frye accomplished the feat.
• Gortat had a career-high seven blocks against the Bobcats.
• Charlotte's Byron Mullens matched Shannon Brown, adding six three-pointers of his own.
The Suns will host the Cleveland Cavaliers Friday night at 7:00 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.