GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Well this turned out to be an interesting practice. Want more details? Just read here.
- Ted Ginn, Jr. practiced some. Jonathan Cooper was out, as were Bruce Gaston, Michael Floyd and Lyle Sendlein.
- Tight end John Carlson caught a TD pass from Carson Palmer during red zone work. Brittan Golden did the same on a pass from Drew Stanton.
- Rookie tight end Troy Niklas also came down with a nice touchdown grab during red zone work.
- Patrick Peterson picked off a Ryan Lindley pass.
- Cornerback Bryan McCann made a nice play to break up a Palmer pass that was intended for Larry Fitzgerald.
- Interesting to note, as soon as the team started to run following the scuffle, the fans who were in attendance let out a big cheer.
Stat of the Day
The last time John Carlson appeared in all 16 games, the tight end caught seven touchdown passes in 2009 for the Seattle Seahawks. In recent history, the most touchdown passes ever caught by a Cardinals tight end in a single season was the six recorded by J.T. Smith in 1986.
Quotes of the Day
"Win. Win, and continue to play as well as we did. I'm not anxious to see us play a lot of snaps. I hope to see us play really well, get out of there and let the young guys continue to get tape and make a case to be here."
- Coach Bruce Arians on his goals for Saturday night's preseason tilt with the Minnesota Vikings
"I'm definitely excited personally for the opportunity, too. I think any time you get a chance to get out there and put something on tape you can further yourself even more. So I'm looking forward to it." - QB Ryan Lindley on getting a chance to play Saturday
"He made his point. We already knew where he stood with that. Some guys, they lose their tempers and it happens. But just got to keep on moving forward." - Justin Bethel on Arians having the entire team run following the scuffle