Updated Jun 27, 2014 - 12:41 pm
Looks like Arizona Cardinals' Antonio Cromartie is still fast
At his size, that kind of speed was very, very impressive, and it helped lead him being selected 19th overall by the San Diego Chargers.
Cromartie has since put together a pretty impressive NFL career, picking off 28 passes over the course of eight seasons split between the Chargers and New York Jets.
He had a bit of a down year in 2013, though, intercepting just three passes and struggling at times in coverage. That could be attributed to a hip injury he was dealing with -- at least, that's what the Arizona Cardinals are banking on after signing the veteran to a one-year contract in the offseason.
Now 30, Cromartie is trying to prove he's still got it, and an Instagram video he posted Friday afternoon shows he's still plenty fast.
And ppl say I've lost a step. Only thing I can do laugh at you all. Ran 4.34 & 4.36 in the 40 today after a workout and I'm only getting faster thanks to @proactivesp and @goldmedalexcellence_chrisasher
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Being first is an important step for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.