Updated Jun 27, 2014 - 12:41 pm
Looks like Arizona Cardinals' Antonio Cromartie is still fast
At his size, that kind of speed was very, very impressive, and it helped lead him being selected 19th overall by the San Diego Chargers.
Cromartie has since put together a pretty impressive NFL career, picking off 28 passes over the course of eight seasons split between the Chargers and New York Jets.
He had a bit of a down year in 2013, though, intercepting just three passes and struggling at times in coverage. That could be attributed to a hip injury he was dealing with -- at least, that's what the Arizona Cardinals are banking on after signing the veteran to a one-year contract in the offseason.
Now 30, Cromartie is trying to prove he's still got it, and an Instagram video he posted Friday afternoon shows he's still plenty fast.
And ppl say I've lost a step. Only thing I can do laugh at you all. Ran 4.34 & 4.36 in the 40 today after a workout and I'm only getting faster thanks to @proactivesp and @goldmedalexcellence_chrisasher
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.