Updated Jun 27, 2014 - 8:31 am
Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson lands on NFL Network's Top 100 list
Of course, a lot of that talk came directly from Peterson. In May, while a guest of Bickley and Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, Peterson compared himself to Seattle Seahawks All-Pro corner Richard Sherman. The comments made national headlines and spurred widespread debate -- even among the two players.
Well, NFL Network has spoken on the subject -- sort of.
In their annual list of the Top 10 players in the league, the network has placed Peterson at No. 22, up 11 spots from last year's ranking.
Peterson was the sixth cornerback on the list, joining Miami's Brent Grimes (95), Denver's Aqib Talib (79), Chicago's Tim Jennings (74), Cleveland's Joe Haden (39) and New England's Darrelle Revis (37).
In Peterson's NFL Network highlight video, several NFL players commented on the fourth-year Cardinal's attributes.
"Patrick Peterson, every team he plays against, he takes on that challenge of going at their number-one receiver," Talib said. "I love how Richard Sherman plays, but Richard Sherman stays on the left side. He don't take on the challenge of guarding the other team's best receiver."
Atlanta wide receiver Roddy White chimed in as well.
"Phenomenal athlete," he gushed. "Patrick Peterson is 215 pounds, he's six-foot, he runs a 4.3 and has a 40-inch vertical. That's like wide receiver numbers at cornerback."
Peterson was the third Cardinal to land on the list. Suspended linebacker Daryl Washington was ranked 96th, while wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald came in at number 38.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves