Updated Jun 4, 2014 - 10:25 pm
The Pulse: Ernie Sims will be a role player
After eight seasons in the NFL, Sims joins the Cardinals with a great deal of experience with the Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts, Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions.
We at ArizonaSports.com asked what you though Sims' role with the Cardinals would be.
Of the 402 who voted, a staggering 60 percent thought he'd simply be a 'role player' with the Cardinals.
The other options given were "an unmentionable special teams player," "a specialist in defensive packages," "a starting inside linebacker" and "a perfect replacement for Daryl Washington."
While the 'role player' option garnered 243 votes, the other four options combined for just 159.
Sims played in 22 of the Cowboys' 32 games over the previous two seasons, recording 58 total tackles, a sack and a forced fumble.
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive lineman
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.