Updated Jun 4, 2014 - 10:25 pm
The Pulse: Ernie Sims will be a role player
After eight seasons in the NFL, Sims joins the Cardinals with a great deal of experience with the Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts, Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions.
We at ArizonaSports.com asked what you though Sims' role with the Cardinals would be.
Of the 402 who voted, a staggering 60 percent thought he'd simply be a 'role player' with the Cardinals.
The other options given were "an unmentionable special teams player," "a specialist in defensive packages," "a starting inside linebacker" and "a perfect replacement for Daryl Washington."
While the 'role player' option garnered 243 votes, the other four options combined for just 159.
Sims played in 22 of the Cowboys' 32 games over the previous two seasons, recording 58 total tackles, a sack and a forced fumble.
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.