Updated Jun 4, 2014 - 10:25 pm
The Pulse: Ernie Sims will be a role player
After eight seasons in the NFL, Sims joins the Cardinals with a great deal of experience with the Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts, Philadelphia Eagles and Detroit Lions.
We at ArizonaSports.com asked what you though Sims' role with the Cardinals would be.
Of the 402 who voted, a staggering 60 percent thought he'd simply be a 'role player' with the Cardinals.
The other options given were "an unmentionable special teams player," "a specialist in defensive packages," "a starting inside linebacker" and "a perfect replacement for Daryl Washington."
While the 'role player' option garnered 243 votes, the other four options combined for just 159.
Sims played in 22 of the Cowboys' 32 games over the previous two seasons, recording 58 total tackles, a sack and a forced fumble.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.