Richard Sherman responds: Patrick Peterson gives up 'too many TDs'
Just nine days after Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman tweeted to Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson comparing stats in relation to contract size, Peterson responded.
"I don't want to get into a debate as far as getting the stats that he has and things like that," Patrick Peterson told Bickley and Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Obviously his job is much easier than mine."
He wasn't done.
"If you look at their scheme and you look at our scheme, he's a Cover-3 corner, period," he said. "A lot of guys say he's a shutdown corner, but if you look at film and guys who understand the game, go back and look at film and see how his defense is.
"I believe if you put him in our system, I don't think he'd be able to last, honestly, because I'm asked to do much more than he is."
Sherman didn't take nine days to respond. Answering a tweet from ProFootballFocus.com's Pete Damilatis, Sherman offered this:
@PFF_Pete this kid gave up as many Tds this year as I have in my career. He wouldn't last in our system bcuz he gives up too many Tds— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 22, 2014
For anyone keeping track, according to ProFootballFocus.com, Sherman has given up seven touchdowns in 228 career targets; Peterson has yielded 16 in 298, including seven in 90 passes his way last season.
You're up, Patrick.
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.