Richard Sherman responds: Patrick Peterson gives up 'too many TDs'
Just nine days after Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman tweeted to Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson comparing stats in relation to contract size, Peterson responded.
"I don't want to get into a debate as far as getting the stats that he has and things like that," Patrick Peterson told Bickley and Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Obviously his job is much easier than mine."
He wasn't done.
"If you look at their scheme and you look at our scheme, he's a Cover-3 corner, period," he said. "A lot of guys say he's a shutdown corner, but if you look at film and guys who understand the game, go back and look at film and see how his defense is.
"I believe if you put him in our system, I don't think he'd be able to last, honestly, because I'm asked to do much more than he is."
Sherman didn't take nine days to respond. Answering a tweet from ProFootballFocus.com's Pete Damilatis, Sherman offered this:
@PFF_Pete this kid gave up as many Tds this year as I have in my career. He wouldn't last in our system bcuz he gives up too many Tds— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 22, 2014
For anyone keeping track, according to ProFootballFocus.com, Sherman has given up seven touchdowns in 228 career targets; Peterson has yielded 16 in 298, including seven in 90 passes his way last season.
You're up, Patrick.
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.