Richard Sherman responds: Patrick Peterson gives up 'too many TDs'
Just nine days after Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman tweeted to Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson comparing stats in relation to contract size, Peterson responded.
"I don't want to get into a debate as far as getting the stats that he has and things like that," Patrick Peterson told Bickley and Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Obviously his job is much easier than mine."
He wasn't done.
"If you look at their scheme and you look at our scheme, he's a Cover-3 corner, period," he said. "A lot of guys say he's a shutdown corner, but if you look at film and guys who understand the game, go back and look at film and see how his defense is.
"I believe if you put him in our system, I don't think he'd be able to last, honestly, because I'm asked to do much more than he is."
Sherman didn't take nine days to respond. Answering a tweet from ProFootballFocus.com's Pete Damilatis, Sherman offered this:
@PFF_Pete this kid gave up as many Tds this year as I have in my career. He wouldn't last in our system bcuz he gives up too many Tds— Richard Sherman (@RSherman_25) May 22, 2014
For anyone keeping track, according to ProFootballFocus.com, Sherman has given up seven touchdowns in 228 career targets; Peterson has yielded 16 in 298, including seven in 90 passes his way last season.
You're up, Patrick.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.