Updated May 16, 2014 - 3:30 pm
Cardinals claim DT Christian Tupou off of waivers
The team announced through a press release that they claimed defensive tackle Christian Tupou off of waivers Friday.
An undrafted free agent out of USC, Tupou has bounced around over the last year.
He recorded a preseason sack with the Chicago Bears before being released before the 2013 season opener.
Tupou was signed to the Indianapolis Colts' practice squad back in January but was released less than three weeks later.
The former Trojan was most-recently a member of the San Francisco 49ers organization, however the team put him on waivers earlier this week.
While at USC, Tupou missed all of 2010 after tearing multiple ligaments in his knee. He returned in 2011 to record 16 total tackles, earning an All-Pac-12 honor mention in the process.
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Being first is an important step for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.