Updated May 16, 2014 - 3:30 pm
Cardinals claim DT Christian Tupou off of waivers
The team announced through a press release that they claimed defensive tackle Christian Tupou off of waivers Friday.
An undrafted free agent out of USC, Tupou has bounced around over the last year.
He recorded a preseason sack with the Chicago Bears before being released before the 2013 season opener.
Tupou was signed to the Indianapolis Colts' practice squad back in January but was released less than three weeks later.
The former Trojan was most-recently a member of the San Francisco 49ers organization, however the team put him on waivers earlier this week.
While at USC, Tupou missed all of 2010 after tearing multiple ligaments in his knee. He returned in 2011 to record 16 total tackles, earning an All-Pac-12 honor mention in the process.
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Arizona Cardinals coach Arians: Logan Thomas as expected, has 'a good future'
- Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirms James Harrison interest
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.