Updated May 16, 2014 - 3:30 pm
Cardinals claim DT Christian Tupou off of waivers
The team announced through a press release that they claimed defensive tackle Christian Tupou off of waivers Friday.
An undrafted free agent out of USC, Tupou has bounced around over the last year.
He recorded a preseason sack with the Chicago Bears before being released before the 2013 season opener.
Tupou was signed to the Indianapolis Colts' practice squad back in January but was released less than three weeks later.
The former Trojan was most-recently a member of the San Francisco 49ers organization, however the team put him on waivers earlier this week.
While at USC, Tupou missed all of 2010 after tearing multiple ligaments in his knee. He returned in 2011 to record 16 total tackles, earning an All-Pac-12 honor mention in the process.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.