Arizona Cardinals' CB Patrick Peterson buys Tyrann Mathieu a birthday Rolex
There are the small day-to-day things like gourmet meals and world-class medical care, and there are the bigger perks like chartered flights and regular stays in five-star hotels.
But one member of the Arizona Cardinals secondary gave us some insight into another perk -- extravagant birthday presents.
Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu posted Thursday on Instagram that teammate Patrick Peterson bought him a Rolex Presidential for his 22nd birthday -- a watch that retails for around $25,000.
Peterson and Mathieu have known each other since playing their college ball at Louisiana State, and Peterson was instrumental in getting the Cardinals to buy into Mathieu after he was dismissed from LSU for off-the-field issues.
You'd think the Rolex exchange might be the other way around given the past between these two, but here's a definite benefit to having a former top-5 pick and one of the best corners in the NFL as a close friend.
Wrote Mathieu on Instagram: "My homies are cooler than yours. Thanks again bro @realpatrickpeterson #BirthdayGifts #Presidential #Rolex"
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.