Arizona Cardinals' CB Patrick Peterson buys Tyrann Mathieu a birthday Rolex
There are the small day-to-day things like gourmet meals and world-class medical care, and there are the bigger perks like chartered flights and regular stays in five-star hotels.
But one member of the Arizona Cardinals secondary gave us some insight into another perk -- extravagant birthday presents.
Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu posted Thursday on Instagram that teammate Patrick Peterson bought him a Rolex Presidential for his 22nd birthday -- a watch that retails for around $25,000.
Peterson and Mathieu have known each other since playing their college ball at Louisiana State, and Peterson was instrumental in getting the Cardinals to buy into Mathieu after he was dismissed from LSU for off-the-field issues.
You'd think the Rolex exchange might be the other way around given the past between these two, but here's a definite benefit to having a former top-5 pick and one of the best corners in the NFL as a close friend.
Wrote Mathieu on Instagram: "My homies are cooler than yours. Thanks again bro @realpatrickpeterson #BirthdayGifts #Presidential #Rolex"
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.