Arizona Cardinals promote members of scouting department
According to a release sent out by the team:
MALIK BOYD promoted to Assistant Director of Pro Scouting
CHRIS CULMER promoted to Western Regional Scout
LUKE PALKO promoted to Eastern Regional Scout
ZAC CANTY promoted to Area Scout
GLENN FOX promoted to Pro Scout
DARIUS VINNETT promoted to NFS Scout
In addition JOSH SCOBEY moves from Pro Scout to an Area Scout in the western region and JOHN RITCHER will now evaluate the southeast region of the country.
Boyd served as the team's Western Regional Scout last year after working as an Area Scout with the Cardinals since 2005. The 11th-year scout was named the "NFC Scout of the Year" by the Fritz Pollard Alliance this past February at the NFL Combine. Boyd joined the Cardinals following two seasons with the Indianapolis Colts.
Culmer will now cross check player evaluations in the western half of the country after spending the past five seasons as an Area Scout. He joined the Cardinals in 2009 as an Area Scout in the western region after spending the previous nine seasons with the Seattle Seahawks, including the last five years as a Pro Personnel Assistant.
Palko will now be in charge of cross checking player evaluations in the eastern half of the country after working as an Area Scout the past five years with the Cardinals. He joined the team in 2009 and has scouted the central and southeast regions during his time with the team. Palko came to the Cardinals after spending two seasons as an intern with the Pittsburgh Steelers in their player personnel department.
Canty will now scout the northeast region of the country after previously working as the team's representative for the National Football Scouting service. He joined the Cardinals in 2012 after working with the Chicago Bears for two seasons as a Pro Personnel Assistant (2010-12) where he assisted both the pro and college scouting departments.
Scobey transitions from Pro Scout to an Area Scout where he will evaluate players in the western region of the country. He joined the Cardinals as a scouting assistant in 2012 and was promoted to Pro Scout in 2013. Scobey played six seasons in the NFL, including two years with Arizona after he was drafted by the team in the sixth-round (185th overall) of the 2002 NFL Draft out of Kansas State.
Fox spent the past year as a scouting assistant with the Cardinals after joining the team in 2013. He earned his degree from South Dakota State where he also played wide receiver. Fox was with the Green Bay Packers during the 2010 preseason and also played professionally in the Arena League (Arizona Rattlers, Orlando Predators), United Football League (Omaha Nighthawks, Sacramento Mountain Lions) and Canadian Football League (Montreal Alouettes).
Vinnett will primarily evaluate college players as the Cardinals representative with the National Football Scouting service. He joined the team last year as a scouting assistant. A University of Arkansas alum who played defensive back in college, Vinnett played in the NFL with the Rams and Falcons (2007-09) and also played in the UFL with the Virginia Destroyers and Florida Tuskers. He previously worked as an assistant coach at Tulane.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.