Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians works out Virginia Tech QB Logan Thomas
Head coach Bruce Arians was spotted in Blacksburg, VA Wednesday working out QB Logan Thomas.
Thomas is not viewed as one of the top quarterbacks in the draft and likely would be looked at in the second or third round by the Cardinals. Arizona is slated to pick 20th, 52nd and 84th in the first three rounds of the draft.
At 6-foot-6 and 257 pounds, Thomas has the type of size Arians seeks in the position, and he's also fairly mobile in the pocket.
Last season, as a senior, Thomas completed 56.5 percent of his passes while throwing for 2,907 yards, 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.