Updated Feb 21, 2014 - 4:42 pm
Report: San Francisco 49ers almost traded coach Jim Harbaugh
According to ProFootballTalk.com, the San Francisco 49ers nearly traded head coach Jim Harbaugh to the Cleveland Browns.
A deal that would have sent multiple draft picks to San Francisco was in place between the teams. But Harbaugh ultimately decided not to leave the 49ers.
The Browns ended up hiring Buffalo Bills' defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, and that's all well and good.
But the story here is the question everyone is probably asking: Why would the 49ers be interested in parting with a head coach who has guided them to three consecutive NFC Championship Games?
Maybe they didn't.
Either way, chances are good the three other NFC West teams wouldn't have cared about the why the deal was made.
After all, would anyone really have a problem with a coach who has accumulated a 36-11-1 record over three seasons leaving?
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett