Updated Feb 21, 2014 - 4:42 pm
Report: San Francisco 49ers almost traded coach Jim Harbaugh
According to ProFootballTalk.com, the San Francisco 49ers nearly traded head coach Jim Harbaugh to the Cleveland Browns.
A deal that would have sent multiple draft picks to San Francisco was in place between the teams. But Harbaugh ultimately decided not to leave the 49ers.
The Browns ended up hiring Buffalo Bills' defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, and that's all well and good.
But the story here is the question everyone is probably asking: Why would the 49ers be interested in parting with a head coach who has guided them to three consecutive NFC Championship Games?
Maybe they didn't.
Either way, chances are good the three other NFC West teams wouldn't have cared about the why the deal was made.
After all, would anyone really have a problem with a coach who has accumulated a 36-11-1 record over three seasons leaving?
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.