Updated Feb 21, 2014 - 4:42 pm
Report: San Francisco 49ers almost traded coach Jim Harbaugh
According to ProFootballTalk.com, the San Francisco 49ers nearly traded head coach Jim Harbaugh to the Cleveland Browns.
A deal that would have sent multiple draft picks to San Francisco was in place between the teams. But Harbaugh ultimately decided not to leave the 49ers.
The Browns ended up hiring Buffalo Bills' defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, and that's all well and good.
But the story here is the question everyone is probably asking: Why would the 49ers be interested in parting with a head coach who has guided them to three consecutive NFC Championship Games?
Maybe they didn't.
Either way, chances are good the three other NFC West teams wouldn't have cared about the why the deal was made.
After all, would anyone really have a problem with a coach who has accumulated a 36-11-1 record over three seasons leaving?
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves