Updated Feb 11, 2014 - 3:01 pm
Karlos Dansby: I expect to be an Arizona Cardinal next year
The Cardinals, presumably, would like to bring him back.
And Dansby would like to be back. In fact, Dansby thinks he will be back.
"I definitely expect to be an Arizona Cardinal next year," he told Sirius XM's NFL Radio. "We don't have long here. Eventually we'll get to talking and try to hammer something out and see how it goes."
Dansby, 32, signed with the Cardinals last March after being cut by the Miami Dolphins. The first six seasons of his NFL career were spent in Arizona after being drafted, so it was a bit of a homecoming for the linebacker.
Yet his 2013 was significantly better than anything he had done before.
Dansby set career highs in tackles (122), interceptions (4) and passes defensed (19), while also tallying 6.5 sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. He returned two of the interceptions for touchdowns, by the way.
But for the Cardinals, as was the case in 2010 when they saw Dansby leave for a bigger contract in Miami, the question really comes down to how much the veteran is worth.
If he plays like he did last season, Dansby is worth quite a bit. And he expects to be even better next season.
"I definitely want to dominate in a winning program, definitely want to be in a winning situation at this point in my career," he said of his goals. "I'm having fun, man, I'm just getting started. I've got some things up my sleeve I'm going to be doing this offseason to really solidify myself as the best linebacker in the league, period. I let it slip through my fingers last season, I won't let it happen again."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b