Updated Feb 11, 2014 - 3:01 pm
Karlos Dansby: I expect to be an Arizona Cardinal next year
The Cardinals, presumably, would like to bring him back.
And Dansby would like to be back. In fact, Dansby thinks he will be back.
"I definitely expect to be an Arizona Cardinal next year," he told Sirius XM's NFL Radio. "We don't have long here. Eventually we'll get to talking and try to hammer something out and see how it goes."
Dansby, 32, signed with the Cardinals last March after being cut by the Miami Dolphins. The first six seasons of his NFL career were spent in Arizona after being drafted, so it was a bit of a homecoming for the linebacker.
Yet his 2013 was significantly better than anything he had done before.
Dansby set career highs in tackles (122), interceptions (4) and passes defensed (19), while also tallying 6.5 sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. He returned two of the interceptions for touchdowns, by the way.
But for the Cardinals, as was the case in 2010 when they saw Dansby leave for a bigger contract in Miami, the question really comes down to how much the veteran is worth.
If he plays like he did last season, Dansby is worth quite a bit. And he expects to be even better next season.
"I definitely want to dominate in a winning program, definitely want to be in a winning situation at this point in my career," he said of his goals. "I'm having fun, man, I'm just getting started. I've got some things up my sleeve I'm going to be doing this offseason to really solidify myself as the best linebacker in the league, period. I let it slip through my fingers last season, I won't let it happen again."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?