Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald selected to 2014 NFL Pro Bowl
Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald, initially selected as an alternate, will replace Denver receiver Demaryius Thomas, whose team advanced to Super Bowl XLVIII with a 26-16 win over the New England Patriots earlier Sunday.
This will be Fitzgerald's eighth Pro Bowl selection, and seventh consecutive -- setting a new franchise record.
Fitzgerald joins linebacker John Abraham, special teamer Justin Bethel and cornerback Patrick Peterson for the Cardinals, who haven't had a Pro Bowl selection on offense, defense and special teams since 2008.
Fitzgerald caught 10 touchdowns this season, making him one of just nine players in NFL history with 10 touchdown catches in five different seasons.
The Pro Bowl will be played next Sunday at 5 p.m. at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b