Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald selected to 2014 NFL Pro Bowl
Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald, initially selected as an alternate, will replace Denver receiver Demaryius Thomas, whose team advanced to Super Bowl XLVIII with a 26-16 win over the New England Patriots earlier Sunday.
This will be Fitzgerald's eighth Pro Bowl selection, and seventh consecutive -- setting a new franchise record.
Fitzgerald joins linebacker John Abraham, special teamer Justin Bethel and cornerback Patrick Peterson for the Cardinals, who haven't had a Pro Bowl selection on offense, defense and special teams since 2008.
Fitzgerald caught 10 touchdowns this season, making him one of just nine players in NFL history with 10 touchdown catches in five different seasons.
The Pro Bowl will be played next Sunday at 5 p.m. at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.