Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald selected to 2014 NFL Pro Bowl
Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald, initially selected as an alternate, will replace Denver receiver Demaryius Thomas, whose team advanced to Super Bowl XLVIII with a 26-16 win over the New England Patriots earlier Sunday.
This will be Fitzgerald's eighth Pro Bowl selection, and seventh consecutive -- setting a new franchise record.
Fitzgerald joins linebacker John Abraham, special teamer Justin Bethel and cornerback Patrick Peterson for the Cardinals, who haven't had a Pro Bowl selection on offense, defense and special teams since 2008.
Fitzgerald caught 10 touchdowns this season, making him one of just nine players in NFL history with 10 touchdown catches in five different seasons.
The Pro Bowl will be played next Sunday at 5 p.m. at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.