Updated Jan 20, 2014 - 7:59 am
State of Arizona has ties to Super Bowl XLVIII in New Jersey
Former Arizona State players Brock Osweiler and Omar Bolden are headed to the Super Bowl after the Denver Broncos' 26-16 win over the New England Patriots Sunday. Osweiler, a second-year backup quarterback, and Bolden, a third-year safety, are the 42nd and 43rd ASU players to be on a Super Bowl roster. Former ASU receiver Gerell Robinson is on the Broncos' practice squad.
Former ASU tight end Zach Miller became the 44th, when his Seattle Seahawks beat the San Francisco 49ers 23-17 to win the NFC title.
But that's not where the Arizona ties to Super Bowl XLVIII end. Former Arizona Cardinals Paris Lenon and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie also play for Denver, former Cards linebacker O'Brien Schofield plays for Seattle.
Rodgers-Cromartie was with the Cardinals when they won the NFC Championship and lost the Super Bowl in 2009, his lone Super Bowl appearance. Lenon spent the past three seasons with the Cardinals, and was part of the 0-16 Detroit Lions in 2008 and 1-15 St. Louis Rams in 2009. Schofield spent the first three years of his NFL career with the Cardinals, raching up 10.5 sacks in 35 games.
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves