Cardinals Rewind: Five years since NFC Championship win over Eagles
Whatever time measurement used will suffice, because either way that's how long it's been since the Arizona Cardinals outlasted the Philadelphia Eagles in a thrilling 32-25 NFC Championship Game victory at University of Phoenix Stadium.
The sights are still very clear, even though the team has had just two winning seasons -- including a 10-6 campaign in 2013 -- since.
There were the three first-half touchdown passes from Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner to wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, including a 62-yarder that involved more than a little trickery.
The 19 unanswered points put up by Philadelphia to begin the second half on three touchdown passes by Donovan McNabb to Brent Celek (twice) and Desean Jackson.
And, of course, the 14-play, 72-yard drive by Arizona, capped off by an eight-yard touchdown connection between Kurt Warner and running back Tim Hightower with 2:53 remaining.
The Cardinals would secure their first and only trip to the Super Bowl with two more defensive stops following Hightower's touchdown -- one on which came on a 4th and 10 at the Arizona 47 with 1:51 left in the game.
Here's the reaction Cardinals play-by-play announcer Dave Pasch and color analyst Ron Wolfley had following the incomplete pass intended for Eagles wide receiver Kevin Curtis.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.