Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 3:43 pm
Arizona Cardinals tried out 'Kickalicious', Havard Rugland
Just had a tryout with the Arizona Cardinals. It went great! Grateful for the opportunity.— Håvard Rugland (@MrRugland) January 15, 2014
Rugland is better known as "Kickalicious" due to a YouTube video that shows him making good on a variety of trick-shot kicks.
Rugland had never kicked in an NFL game until last preseason when he was a member of the Detroit Lions. He connected on both of his extra points and all three of his field goal attempts, including one from 50 yards out.
The Cardinals could be in the market for a new kicker with Jay Feely set to become a free agent after four seasons with the team.
Last season, the veteran was 30-for-36 on field goal attempts and made all 37 of his extra points, though his pair of misses in the season finale along with less-than-pinpoint accuracy on his final kickoff, which ended up resulting in a big return for the 49ers, did not help his cause.
"Jay is an unrestricted free agent, so it will be all business from here on out," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said after the season when asked about how he felt about Feely moving forward. "I love Jay to death. He was a captain. Wish he would have kicked that last kickoff down the middle."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.