Report: Cardinals VP of player personnel Jason Licht a candidate for Dolphins' GM opening
According to ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter, Cardinals vice president of player personnel Jason Licht is one of a handful of candidates the Miami Dolphins have requested permission to interview regarding their general manager opening.
Titans VP Lake Dawson, Giants VP Marc Ross scheduled to interview for Bucs and Dolphins GM jobs. Packers exec Alonzo Highsmith also on radar— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 9, 2014
Dolphins also requested permission to interview Arizona's Jason Licht, Pittsburgh's Omar Khan, Miami's Brian Gaine, Cleveland's Ray Farmer.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 9, 2014
Licht, who was promoted to the VP of player personnel position after Steve Keim became the Cardinals GM last January, re-joined the organization in May 2012. Previously, he served as the director of pro personnel for the New England Patriots from 2009-2011 and a personnel executive for the Cardinals in 2008.
This is not the first time Licht has been linked to an executive vacancy in the state of Florida. In Dec. 2012, the Jacksonville Jaguars were rumored to be interested in the 42-year-old, though they eventually hired David Caldwell to be their general manager.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.