Report: Cardinals VP of player personnel Jason Licht a candidate for Dolphins' GM opening
According to ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter, Cardinals vice president of player personnel Jason Licht is one of a handful of candidates the Miami Dolphins have requested permission to interview regarding their general manager opening.
Titans VP Lake Dawson, Giants VP Marc Ross scheduled to interview for Bucs and Dolphins GM jobs. Packers exec Alonzo Highsmith also on radar— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 9, 2014
Dolphins also requested permission to interview Arizona's Jason Licht, Pittsburgh's Omar Khan, Miami's Brian Gaine, Cleveland's Ray Farmer.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 9, 2014
Licht, who was promoted to the VP of player personnel position after Steve Keim became the Cardinals GM last January, re-joined the organization in May 2012. Previously, he served as the director of pro personnel for the New England Patriots from 2009-2011 and a personnel executive for the Cardinals in 2008.
This is not the first time Licht has been linked to an executive vacancy in the state of Florida. In Dec. 2012, the Jacksonville Jaguars were rumored to be interested in the 42-year-old, though they eventually hired David Caldwell to be their general manager.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.