ProFootballFocus: Four Cardinals players worthy of making the Pro Bowl
According to PFF's Pro Bowl team, defensive end Calais Campbell and special teams standout Justin Bethel would be starters for the NFC, while cornerback Patrick Peterson and linebacker Karlos Dansby would make the trip as reserves.
Of the four, only Peterson has made a Pro Bowl -- as a return specialist in 2011 and cornerback in 2012. Campbell has 53 tackles and a career-high tying eight sacks on the year, while Dansby, who PFF called "criminally underrated," has made a case to not only be a Pro Bowler but a Defensive Player of the Year candidate. The 10-year veteran has 117 tackles, 6.5 sacks and a career-high four interceptions -- two of which have gone for touchdowns.
As for Bethel, he's been somewhat of a revelation for coach Amos Jones, leading Arizona with 19 total special teams tackles.
Simply put there isn't another special teamer like Bethel and our look at special teams units in more detail this year has really bore that out.
In 2012, the Cardinals sent just three players -- Daryl Washington, Larry Fitzgerald and Peterson -- to the Pro Bowl.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!