ProFootballFocus: Four Cardinals players worthy of making the Pro Bowl
According to PFF's Pro Bowl team, defensive end Calais Campbell and special teams standout Justin Bethel would be starters for the NFC, while cornerback Patrick Peterson and linebacker Karlos Dansby would make the trip as reserves.
Of the four, only Peterson has made a Pro Bowl -- as a return specialist in 2011 and cornerback in 2012. Campbell has 53 tackles and a career-high tying eight sacks on the year, while Dansby, who PFF called "criminally underrated," has made a case to not only be a Pro Bowler but a Defensive Player of the Year candidate. The 10-year veteran has 117 tackles, 6.5 sacks and a career-high four interceptions -- two of which have gone for touchdowns.
As for Bethel, he's been somewhat of a revelation for coach Amos Jones, leading Arizona with 19 total special teams tackles.
Simply put there isn't another special teamer like Bethel and our look at special teams units in more detail this year has really bore that out.
In 2012, the Cardinals sent just three players -- Daryl Washington, Larry Fitzgerald and Peterson -- to the Pro Bowl.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.