Updated Dec 23, 2013 - 9:56 pm
Washington lawmaker posts insensitive tweet following Seahawks' loss
In fact, before the Arizona Cardinals' 17-10 win at CenturyLink Field Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks hadn't dropped a home contest in 728 days.
Needless to say, the unfavorable result didn't sit well with the Seattle faithful, and in particular a local lawmaker.
Joe Fitzgibbon (D), a representative in Washington's 34th Legislative District, took to social media to vent his frustration at the loss and apparently his disdain for the state of Arizona.
Note: You can read Fitzgibbon's public apology here.
Fitzgibbon, who is also the Deputy Majority Whip, has since taken down the tweet, but in its place he sent out another one in an attempt to clarify his earlier remarks.
Upset re hawks loss, and failure of smart immigration reform--shouldn't have conflated the 2 though. Happy holidays, better for both in '14— Joe Fitzgibbon (@joefitzgibbon) December 23, 2013
In a statement to The Associated Press, Fitzgibbon voiced surprise over how seriously people were taking his tweet.
"If folks are going to take that too seriously, then I'm sorry about that," he said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.