Updated Dec 23, 2013 - 9:56 pm
Washington lawmaker posts insensitive tweet following Seahawks' loss
In fact, before the Arizona Cardinals' 17-10 win at CenturyLink Field Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks hadn't dropped a home contest in 728 days.
Needless to say, the unfavorable result didn't sit well with the Seattle faithful, and in particular a local lawmaker.
Joe Fitzgibbon (D), a representative in Washington's 34th Legislative District, took to social media to vent his frustration at the loss and apparently his disdain for the state of Arizona.
Note: You can read Fitzgibbon's public apology here.
Fitzgibbon, who is also the Deputy Majority Whip, has since taken down the tweet, but in its place he sent out another one in an attempt to clarify his earlier remarks.
Upset re hawks loss, and failure of smart immigration reform--shouldn't have conflated the 2 though. Happy holidays, better for both in '14— Joe Fitzgibbon (@joefitzgibbon) December 23, 2013
In a statement to The Associated Press, Fitzgibbon voiced surprise over how seriously people were taking his tweet.
"If folks are going to take that too seriously, then I'm sorry about that," he said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?