Todd McShay's Mock Draft 1.0: Cardinals will select Virginia LT Morgan Moses
In an ESPN insider piece, analyst Todd McShay revealed his first 2014 Mock Draft this week, and not surprisingly he has the Arizona Cardinals addressing a position of need in the first round.
With the No. 22 pick, McShay projects the Cardinals will take Virginia left tackle Morgan Moses.
Quarterback is a need position for the Cardinals, but there isn't one worth drafting at this spot. They'd be better off getting a guy like LSU's Zach Mettenberger on Day 2. Arizona's next-biggest need is offensive tackle, and Moses offers good value here. Nobody knows who he is because he was an O-lineman on a bad college team, but he was one of the most improved players I saw on tape this season. He has good physical tools, and he looked so much more comfortable at left tackle in 2013 than he did at right tackle in previous years. He has the potential to develop into a good starting left tackle.
Moses started 23 of Virginia's last 24 games dating back to his junior season, however he's rather new to left tackle -- having made the move to the position just prior to the 2013 campaign.
However, the 6-foot-6 offensive lineman was part of a Cavaliers' offensive line that blocked for the school's first 1,000-yard rusher since 2004.
If the Cardinals do in fact select Moses in April, he'd become the first left tackle taken by the team in the first round since Levi Brown back in 2007.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett