Todd McShay's Mock Draft 1.0: Cardinals will select Virginia LT Morgan Moses
In an ESPN insider piece, analyst Todd McShay revealed his first 2014 Mock Draft this week, and not surprisingly he has the Arizona Cardinals addressing a position of need in the first round.
With the No. 22 pick, McShay projects the Cardinals will take Virginia left tackle Morgan Moses.
Quarterback is a need position for the Cardinals, but there isn't one worth drafting at this spot. They'd be better off getting a guy like LSU's Zach Mettenberger on Day 2. Arizona's next-biggest need is offensive tackle, and Moses offers good value here. Nobody knows who he is because he was an O-lineman on a bad college team, but he was one of the most improved players I saw on tape this season. He has good physical tools, and he looked so much more comfortable at left tackle in 2013 than he did at right tackle in previous years. He has the potential to develop into a good starting left tackle.
Moses started 23 of Virginia's last 24 games dating back to his junior season, however he's rather new to left tackle -- having made the move to the position just prior to the 2013 campaign.
However, the 6-foot-6 offensive lineman was part of a Cavaliers' offensive line that blocked for the school's first 1,000-yard rusher since 2004.
If the Cardinals do in fact select Moses in April, he'd become the first left tackle taken by the team in the first round since Levi Brown back in 2007.
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.