Updated Dec 16, 2013 - 4:18 pm
Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals - Dec. 16
- Arians said receiver Larry Fitzgerald, who suffered a concussion trying to recover an onside kick late in Sunday's game, was able to leave the stadium Sunday. However, coach said "that's still a long ways to go from being cleared."
- Safety Rashad Johnson, though, is in worse shape with a high ankle sprain. Johnson was starting Sunday because Tyrann Mathieu is already out for the season with a torn ACL and LCL.
- Carson Palmer (ankle) and Andre Ellington (thing bruise) also got beat up in the game, but Arians didn't sound too concerned about their prospects going forward.
- Arians was impressed by how many of the team's veterans were at the facility Monday ready to work, especially since he gave them the day off. "The captains have just about everybody in here to watch the tape this morning, which is a great sign, and get started on Seattle," he said.
Stat of the Day
The Cardinals have scored 341 points in 14 games this season. In 16 games last season, the team scored just 250 points.
Quote of the Day
"There was really no panic on the sidelines," Arians said of Sunday's game. "There was a lot of pissed off guys when we blew that lead, but there was no panic. We knew what we had to get done. It was just a matter of stepping up and making a play."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On Dec. 16, 2007, the the Cardinals went into New Orleans and lost to the Saints by a score of 31-24.
The Cardinals jumped out to a 7-0 lead when Kurt Warner hit Troy Bienemann from one yard out. However, Arizona's tenure on top was short lived, as the Saints scored the next two touchdowns to go up 14-7. The Cardinals tied it up on an 18-yard TD pass from Warner to Larry Fitzgerald, but the Saints would score the next 14 and never look back.
For the Cardinals, Warner completed 19-of-30 passes for 233 yards with three touchdowns and one interception. Edgerrin James rushed for 84 yards on 16 carries. Anquan Boldin led the Cardinals with 83 yards on six receptions, while Fitzgerald had 27 yards and a score on his two grabs.
The Saints' Drew Brees completed 26-of-30 passes for 315 yards and two scores. His leading receiver was Marques Colston, who gained 114 yards and a touchdown on eight receptions.
The loss dropped the Cardinals to 6-8, but they would not lose again that season.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.