Updated Dec 15, 2013 - 7:25 pm
Daryn Colledge: Cardinals offense took illegal hit on Palmer personally
Wimbley was called for roughing the passer -- the penalty netted a devastating one yard for the Cardinals' offense, which was at Tennessee's 2-yard line after the play -- but Palmer was obviously shaken up. He remained in the game after having his left ankle heavily taped, but Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said the quarterback was limited as a result of the hit in Arizona's 37-34 overtime win.
"He'll be pretty sore tomorrow … that took a lot of our game plan, a lot of our play-action passes from us," said Arians, calling Palmer's injury a high-ankle sprain. "He's a tough customer. He wasn't coming out of there."
Palmer threw for 231 yards and a score on 20-of-30 passing and didn't throw an interception for the fourth time in five weeks. Arians said Palmer was "lights-out again this week," and guard Daryn Colledge said the play gave a boost to Arizona's offense.
The Cardinals ran for 145 yards and two scores while breaking off several runs of more than 10 yards and score more than 30 points for the third time in four games.
"He's a tough guy and he took that shot personal," Colledge said. "A lot of us took it personal. We had to win this game. If we had to run the ball over them every play, if we had to give him time for five-step drops, so be it."
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.