Updated Dec 15, 2013 - 7:25 pm
Daryn Colledge: Cardinals offense took illegal hit on Palmer personally
Wimbley was called for roughing the passer -- the penalty netted a devastating one yard for the Cardinals' offense, which was at Tennessee's 2-yard line after the play -- but Palmer was obviously shaken up. He remained in the game after having his left ankle heavily taped, but Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said the quarterback was limited as a result of the hit in Arizona's 37-34 overtime win.
"He'll be pretty sore tomorrow … that took a lot of our game plan, a lot of our play-action passes from us," said Arians, calling Palmer's injury a high-ankle sprain. "He's a tough customer. He wasn't coming out of there."
Palmer threw for 231 yards and a score on 20-of-30 passing and didn't throw an interception for the fourth time in five weeks. Arians said Palmer was "lights-out again this week," and guard Daryn Colledge said the play gave a boost to Arizona's offense.
The Cardinals ran for 145 yards and two scores while breaking off several runs of more than 10 yards and score more than 30 points for the third time in four games.
"He's a tough guy and he took that shot personal," Colledge said. "A lot of us took it personal. We had to win this game. If we had to run the ball over them every play, if we had to give him time for five-step drops, so be it."
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinals’ draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.