Updated Nov 17, 2013 - 8:44 pm
Cardinals' Andre Ellington gets hair torn out during Jaguars game
Cardinals rookie sensation Andre Ellington got a third-quarter handoff from Carson Palmer and was brought down by several defenders near the line of scrimmage.
As everybody stood up from the pile, Jaguars defensive end Jason Babin emerged with a handful of Ellington's dreadlocks on the play. Babin held out the hair for a moment and then threw it to the ground, almost in a ceremonious fashion.
The 24-year-old rookie updated everybody on the hair situation on Twitter after the game.
Hair is all good. Nothing serious. Look worse than it really was. S/o to the dread heads! Will get it stitch back in. Birdgang got the win!— Andre Ellington (@Dre23_LilBit) November 17, 2013
My hair was not ripped from me head. Its jus torn What is wrong with u ppl lol— Andre Ellington (@Dre23_LilBit) November 18, 2013
It didn't look pleasant, but the Clemson product didn't miss any action because of it.
Cardinals vice president of media relations Mark Dalton tweeted that the running back was able to recover his severed hair.
The Cardinals, Ellington included, had a rough day on the ground, only gaining 14 yards on 24 carries. Palmer, made the difference with 419 yards passing and two touchdowns, and the Cardinals won 27-14.
Click here to see video of the play that cost Ellington some of his hair.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.