Updated Nov 17, 2013 - 8:44 pm
Cardinals' Andre Ellington gets hair torn out during Jaguars game
Cardinals rookie sensation Andre Ellington got a third-quarter handoff from Carson Palmer and was brought down by several defenders near the line of scrimmage.
As everybody stood up from the pile, Jaguars defensive end Jason Babin emerged with a handful of Ellington's dreadlocks on the play. Babin held out the hair for a moment and then threw it to the ground, almost in a ceremonious fashion.
The 24-year-old rookie updated everybody on the hair situation on Twitter after the game.
Hair is all good. Nothing serious. Look worse than it really was. S/o to the dread heads! Will get it stitch back in. Birdgang got the win!— Andre Ellington (@Dre23_LilBit) November 17, 2013
My hair was not ripped from me head. Its jus torn What is wrong with u ppl lol— Andre Ellington (@Dre23_LilBit) November 18, 2013
It didn't look pleasant, but the Clemson product didn't miss any action because of it.
Cardinals vice president of media relations Mark Dalton tweeted that the running back was able to recover his severed hair.
The Cardinals, Ellington included, had a rough day on the ground, only gaining 14 yards on 24 carries. Palmer, made the difference with 419 yards passing and two touchdowns, and the Cardinals won 27-14.
Click here to see video of the play that cost Ellington some of his hair.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!