Updated Nov 17, 2013 - 8:44 pm
Cardinals' Andre Ellington gets hair torn out during Jaguars game
Cardinals rookie sensation Andre Ellington got a third-quarter handoff from Carson Palmer and was brought down by several defenders near the line of scrimmage.
As everybody stood up from the pile, Jaguars defensive end Jason Babin emerged with a handful of Ellington's dreadlocks on the play. Babin held out the hair for a moment and then threw it to the ground, almost in a ceremonious fashion.
The 24-year-old rookie updated everybody on the hair situation on Twitter after the game.
Hair is all good. Nothing serious. Look worse than it really was. S/o to the dread heads! Will get it stitch back in. Birdgang got the win!— Andre Ellington (@Dre23_LilBit) November 17, 2013
My hair was not ripped from me head. Its jus torn What is wrong with u ppl lol— Andre Ellington (@Dre23_LilBit) November 18, 2013
It didn't look pleasant, but the Clemson product didn't miss any action because of it.
Cardinals vice president of media relations Mark Dalton tweeted that the running back was able to recover his severed hair.
The Cardinals, Ellington included, had a rough day on the ground, only gaining 14 yards on 24 carries. Palmer, made the difference with 419 yards passing and two touchdowns, and the Cardinals won 27-14.
Click here to see video of the play that cost Ellington some of his hair.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.