Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians says Ben Roethlisberger will be a 'Steeler for life'
Yahoo! Sports NFL insider Michael Silver went on to say that if Pittsburgh did shop the two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback, Arizona would be a likely landing spot because of his close relationship with Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians, who served as Big Ben's offensive coordinator for five seasons.
Roethlisberger himself denied the report, calling it "one of the biggest B.S. stories" he's ever heard.
Meanwhile, Arians was asked about the rumor and his relationship with Roethlisberger Monday on Arizona Sports 620's "The Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta."
"He's like a second son to me," Arians said. "We play a lot of golf together -- he flew out here in March and we played golf and he lives around the corner from me down at Reynolds Plantation in Georgia. My children and he are very close."
Arians continued by shooting down any Roethlisberger-to-Arizona rumors.
"He's going to be a Steeler for life," Arians said. "I don't think there's any doubt."
Pittsburgh drafted Roethlisberger out of Miami of Ohio with the 11th overall selection in the 2004 NFL Draft. He's the franchise's all-time leader with 32,378 passing yards and has led the Steelers to three Super Bowl titles, including SB XLII when they defeated the Cardinals in Tampa, 27-23.
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!