Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians says Ben Roethlisberger will be a 'Steeler for life'
Yahoo! Sports NFL insider Michael Silver went on to say that if Pittsburgh did shop the two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback, Arizona would be a likely landing spot because of his close relationship with Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians, who served as Big Ben's offensive coordinator for five seasons.
Roethlisberger himself denied the report, calling it "one of the biggest B.S. stories" he's ever heard.
Meanwhile, Arians was asked about the rumor and his relationship with Roethlisberger Monday on Arizona Sports 620's "The Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta."
"He's like a second son to me," Arians said. "We play a lot of golf together -- he flew out here in March and we played golf and he lives around the corner from me down at Reynolds Plantation in Georgia. My children and he are very close."
Arians continued by shooting down any Roethlisberger-to-Arizona rumors.
"He's going to be a Steeler for life," Arians said. "I don't think there's any doubt."
Pittsburgh drafted Roethlisberger out of Miami of Ohio with the 11th overall selection in the 2004 NFL Draft. He's the franchise's all-time leader with 32,378 passing yards and has led the Steelers to three Super Bowl titles, including SB XLII when they defeated the Cardinals in Tampa, 27-23.
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Fox Sports NFL insider: 'Player's coach' Arians makes Arizona Cardinals a prime destination
- ESPN writer: John Carlson signing risky for Cardinals, but worth the reward
- Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 Free Agent Headquarters
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!