Arizona Cardinals' inactive list produces no surprises
Among the seven inactive players for Sunday's game against the Houston Texans, only wide receiver Brittan Golden is dealing with an injury. He's missing his third straight game because of a hamstring issue.
Tight end Rob Housler (groin), defensive end Frostee Rucker (calf) and left tackle Bradley Sowell (illness) were all considered questionable but will suit up and play.
Sowell, even though he did not practice Wednesday and Thursday, will start for the fifth game in a row.
The remaining inactive players are: quarterback Ryan Lindley, running back Ryan Williams, linebacker Dontay Moch, guard Earl Watford, tight end Kory Sperry and defensive end Ronald Talley.
For the Texans, quarterback TJ Yates, running backs Arian Foster and Ray Graham, linebacker Mike Mohamed, tackle Andrew Gardner, guard Cody White and defensive end Tim Jamison are inactive.
Foster, who ranks second in the AFC with 521 yards rushing, is dealing with both hamstring and back injuries. The back, according to reports, may require surgery meaning he would be lost for the remainder of the season.
Ben Tate, himself not 100 percent playing with four broken ribs, will get the start at running back.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.