Arizona Cardinals' inactive list produces no surprises
Among the seven inactive players for Sunday's game against the Houston Texans, only wide receiver Brittan Golden is dealing with an injury. He's missing his third straight game because of a hamstring issue.
Tight end Rob Housler (groin), defensive end Frostee Rucker (calf) and left tackle Bradley Sowell (illness) were all considered questionable but will suit up and play.
Sowell, even though he did not practice Wednesday and Thursday, will start for the fifth game in a row.
The remaining inactive players are: quarterback Ryan Lindley, running back Ryan Williams, linebacker Dontay Moch, guard Earl Watford, tight end Kory Sperry and defensive end Ronald Talley.
For the Texans, quarterback TJ Yates, running backs Arian Foster and Ray Graham, linebacker Mike Mohamed, tackle Andrew Gardner, guard Cody White and defensive end Tim Jamison are inactive.
Foster, who ranks second in the AFC with 521 yards rushing, is dealing with both hamstring and back injuries. The back, according to reports, may require surgery meaning he would be lost for the remainder of the season.
Ben Tate, himself not 100 percent playing with four broken ribs, will get the start at running back.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.