Arizona Cardinals' inactive list produces no surprises
Among the seven inactive players for Sunday's game against the Houston Texans, only wide receiver Brittan Golden is dealing with an injury. He's missing his third straight game because of a hamstring issue.
Tight end Rob Housler (groin), defensive end Frostee Rucker (calf) and left tackle Bradley Sowell (illness) were all considered questionable but will suit up and play.
Sowell, even though he did not practice Wednesday and Thursday, will start for the fifth game in a row.
The remaining inactive players are: quarterback Ryan Lindley, running back Ryan Williams, linebacker Dontay Moch, guard Earl Watford, tight end Kory Sperry and defensive end Ronald Talley.
For the Texans, quarterback TJ Yates, running backs Arian Foster and Ray Graham, linebacker Mike Mohamed, tackle Andrew Gardner, guard Cody White and defensive end Tim Jamison are inactive.
Foster, who ranks second in the AFC with 521 yards rushing, is dealing with both hamstring and back injuries. The back, according to reports, may require surgery meaning he would be lost for the remainder of the season.
Ben Tate, himself not 100 percent playing with four broken ribs, will get the start at running back.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.