Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 8
- Left tackle Bradley Sowell, who had been battling the flu, was back on the field during the portion of practice that was open to the media.
- Lineman Bobby Massie, however, was nowhere to be seen, but ESPN's Josh Weinfuss reported the second-year player is attending a funeral.
- Larry Fitzgerald and Karlos Dansby had a short chat. Two of the team's leaders, they are also members of the Cardinals' much-heralded 2004 draft class, which includes Darnell Dockett and Antonio Smith, who will return to the Valley as a member of the Texans Sunday.
Stat of the Day
Cardinals defensive back Patrick Peterson has intercepted three passes this season, which is as many as the Houston Texans -- as a team -- have picked off.
Quote of the Day
"It's not ideal to block him whenever you're fully healthy, he's a tough guy to block," Cardinals left tackle Bradley Sowell said of Texans DE J.J. Watt. "But there's different things we can do, and hopefully we can run the ball a little bit and get after him a little bit."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 8, 1998, Jake Plummer's right arm and Joe Nedney's left leg led the playoff-bound Cardinals to a 29-27 victory over the Washington Redskins.
The Cardinals, who would reach the playoffs that season, trailed 17-14 at the half but scored the next 12 points, and had a 26-17 lead with just more than three minutes remaining in the fourth quarter. However, Trent Green brought the 'Skins back, and Carey Blanchard's 54-yard field goal with 35 seconds remaining looked like it would be the difference.
Plummer had other ideas, and as you can see in the video below, "The Snake" was at his best that afternoon when the Cardinals needed him most.
Plummer completed 22-of-30 passes for 186 yards and a touchdown, Adrian Murrell rushed for 107 yards and Mario Bates scored a pair of touchdowns for the Cardinals.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.