Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Nov. 7
- For the second straight day, left tackle Bradley Sowell was absent for the portion of practice that was available to the media. Coach Bruce Arians said Wednesday some players were out sick, and Sowell was listed on the injury report as being exactly that. So yeah, I guess you could say he's not feeling so well.
- Didn't see tackle Bobby Massie out there, either. (Note: Massie missed practice Thursday for a non-injury-related reason.
- During the special teams drills, cornerback Antoine Cason and receiver Larry Fitzgerald shared a brief chat. No doubt in my mind they were talking about the big Arizona vs. UCLA game this weekend. Either that or something actually important to the team.
- Defensive back Patrick Peterson did some throwing drills with the team's quarterbacks. He asked the media if we saw him "beat Carson." I assume he was talking about the drill where the passers try to place the ball into certain spots in a net. I nodded my head yes, which made him happy to know his claim was validated. I lied. Sorry Patrick, not sure if any of us saw it happen. That does not mean it didn't, of course...
Stat of the Day
In two career games against the Texans, Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald has caught 11 passes for 164 yards and three touchdowns. His quarterbacks in those games were Kurt Warner and John Navarre.
Quote of the Day
"We're focused on trying to get another win at home against a damn good football team in Houston," receiver Larry Fitzgerald said. "It's a very talented group we're playing against. I don't know how they're 2-6, but you look at them on tape and you look at their personnel -- they're just unbelievably talented across the board."
This Day in Arizona Cardinals History
On November 7, 1993, the Chris Chandler-led Phoenix Cardinals knocked off the Philadelphia Eagles 16-3 at Sun Devil Stadium.
The Eagles took a 3-0 first quarter lead on a 27-yard Matt Bahr field goal, but that was all they'd get in the game.
Chandler completed just 10-of-20 passes for 121 yards and one touchdown, which was a 10-yard strike to Gary Clark in the second quarter. Ronald Moore gained 160 yards on 36 carries, the Cardinals sacked QB Ken O'Brien four times and picked him off once, and the Eagles were penalized 10 times for 60 yards on the afternoon.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.