Updated Oct 9, 2013 - 3:53 pm
Arizona Cardinals have mixed feelings on last game at Candlestick Park
That will change next season as the San Francisco 49ers will relocate to the brand new, $1.2 billion Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara in time for the 2014 season.
The Arizona Cardinals are preparing for their final trip to Candlestick Park as they'll meet the 49ers Sunday in an important early-season NFC West matchup.
Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians doesn't feel all that nostalgic about the stadium they call "The Stick."
"No, not at all," Arians joked when asked if he'd miss the venerable stadium located on the western shore of the San Francisco Bay.
Although Arians is new to the Cardinals, there are likely many in the organization who feel the same way, solely based on the team's results there.
The Cardinals are just 5-14 as the visitors at Candlestick, and only 3-11 since moving to the Valley in 1988. The Niners have won the last four meetings between the teams in San Francisco by an average score of 29-8.
Arizona quarterback Carson Palmer, who attended his first NFL game at Candlestick, feels a little different about the stadium.
"I do have an affection for it, growing up in California, you saw a lot of games on TV at Candlestick," Palmer said. "I'm excited to play there."
This will be Palmer's second career game at Candlestick. The first came on December 15, 2007, as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals. Palmer completed 19-of-31 passes for 252 yards and a touchdown, but it wasn't enough as the 49ers prevailed 20-13.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.