Report: Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington to face more league discipline
Washington, who had a career-best 134 tackles with nine sacks last season, has missed the team's first four games due to violating the NFL's policy on substance abuse.
However, just as he's set to return, ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter reported that this will not be the last time Washington misses games due to suspension.
Cards LB Daryl Washington returns from 4-game suspension; faces more discipline next season from alleged domestic incident w/ ex-girlfriend.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 1, 2013
Washington was arrested and booked on two counts of aggravated assault on May 3 after an incident which occurred on May 1. According to the police report, Washington's ex-girlfriend claimed to have been grabbed by the throat and shoved to the ground by Washington during an argument. She suffered bruising as well as a broken clavicle.
Washington pleaded "not guilty" on May 20, and is scheduled to appear in court again Oct. 9.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.