Report: Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington to face more league discipline
Washington, who had a career-best 134 tackles with nine sacks last season, has missed the team's first four games due to violating the NFL's policy on substance abuse.
However, just as he's set to return, ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter reported that this will not be the last time Washington misses games due to suspension.
Cards LB Daryl Washington returns from 4-game suspension; faces more discipline next season from alleged domestic incident w/ ex-girlfriend.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 1, 2013
Washington was arrested and booked on two counts of aggravated assault on May 3 after an incident which occurred on May 1. According to the police report, Washington's ex-girlfriend claimed to have been grabbed by the throat and shoved to the ground by Washington during an argument. She suffered bruising as well as a broken clavicle.
Washington pleaded "not guilty" on May 20, and is scheduled to appear in court again Oct. 9.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.