Report: Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington to face more league discipline
Washington, who had a career-best 134 tackles with nine sacks last season, has missed the team's first four games due to violating the NFL's policy on substance abuse.
However, just as he's set to return, ESPN NFL insider Adam Schefter reported that this will not be the last time Washington misses games due to suspension.
Cards LB Daryl Washington returns from 4-game suspension; faces more discipline next season from alleged domestic incident w/ ex-girlfriend.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 1, 2013
Washington was arrested and booked on two counts of aggravated assault on May 3 after an incident which occurred on May 1. According to the police report, Washington's ex-girlfriend claimed to have been grabbed by the throat and shoved to the ground by Washington during an argument. She suffered bruising as well as a broken clavicle.
Washington pleaded "not guilty" on May 20, and is scheduled to appear in court again Oct. 9.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.