Arizona Cardinals to be without DT Dan Williams for second straight game
Williams' mother and sister were in the car as well, but they survived the accident.
The younger Williams did not make the trip to New Orleans with the team, and understandably has spent this time away from football.
Wednesday, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians confirmed his player would not be back for Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
"The funeral is set for Saturday, and we will not have Dan this week," he said.
A first-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft out of Tennessee, Williams has tallied 103 combined tackles along with one fumble recovery and one interception in his career, all of which has been spent in Arizona.
The Arizona Cardinals Broadcast Department contributed to this report
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.