Updated Sep 25, 2013 - 8:48 am
Arizona Cardinals elevate Kenny Demens from practice squad
Wednesday morning, the team placed rookie OLB Alex Okafor on injured reserve and elevated linebacker Kenny Demens to the 53-man active roster from the practice squad.
Okafor, a 2013 fourth-round pick out of Texas, suffered a torn biceps tendon injury in a loss to New Orleans last Sunday.
Demens, an undrafted rookie out of Michigan, played with the Cardinals in the preseason before being released September 1. He signed to the practice squad the next day. In the preseason, Demens totaled six tackles, .5 quarterback sacks and a pass defensed.
To fill Demens' spot on the practice squad, the Cardinals signed wide receiver Devon Wylie Wednesday. Wylie, a 2012 fourth-round pick out of Fresno State, spent his rookie season with the Kansas City Chiefs and was released September 1.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up