Updated Sep 25, 2013 - 8:48 am
Arizona Cardinals elevate Kenny Demens from practice squad
Wednesday morning, the team placed rookie OLB Alex Okafor on injured reserve and elevated linebacker Kenny Demens to the 53-man active roster from the practice squad.
Okafor, a 2013 fourth-round pick out of Texas, suffered a torn biceps tendon injury in a loss to New Orleans last Sunday.
Demens, an undrafted rookie out of Michigan, played with the Cardinals in the preseason before being released September 1. He signed to the practice squad the next day. In the preseason, Demens totaled six tackles, .5 quarterback sacks and a pass defensed.
To fill Demens' spot on the practice squad, the Cardinals signed wide receiver Devon Wylie Wednesday. Wylie, a 2012 fourth-round pick out of Fresno State, spent his rookie season with the Kansas City Chiefs and was released September 1.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.