Updated Sep 25, 2013 - 8:48 am
Arizona Cardinals elevate Kenny Demens from practice squad
Wednesday morning, the team placed rookie OLB Alex Okafor on injured reserve and elevated linebacker Kenny Demens to the 53-man active roster from the practice squad.
Okafor, a 2013 fourth-round pick out of Texas, suffered a torn biceps tendon injury in a loss to New Orleans last Sunday.
Demens, an undrafted rookie out of Michigan, played with the Cardinals in the preseason before being released September 1. He signed to the practice squad the next day. In the preseason, Demens totaled six tackles, .5 quarterback sacks and a pass defensed.
To fill Demens' spot on the practice squad, the Cardinals signed wide receiver Devon Wylie Wednesday. Wylie, a 2012 fourth-round pick out of Fresno State, spent his rookie season with the Kansas City Chiefs and was released September 1.
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Despite interest from Cardinals, linebacker James Harrison retires
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.