Updated Sep 25, 2013 - 8:48 am
Arizona Cardinals elevate Kenny Demens from practice squad
Wednesday morning, the team placed rookie OLB Alex Okafor on injured reserve and elevated linebacker Kenny Demens to the 53-man active roster from the practice squad.
Okafor, a 2013 fourth-round pick out of Texas, suffered a torn biceps tendon injury in a loss to New Orleans last Sunday.
Demens, an undrafted rookie out of Michigan, played with the Cardinals in the preseason before being released September 1. He signed to the practice squad the next day. In the preseason, Demens totaled six tackles, .5 quarterback sacks and a pass defensed.
To fill Demens' spot on the practice squad, the Cardinals signed wide receiver Devon Wylie Wednesday. Wylie, a 2012 fourth-round pick out of Fresno State, spent his rookie season with the Kansas City Chiefs and was released September 1.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.