Updated Sep 25, 2013 - 8:48 am
Arizona Cardinals elevate Kenny Demens from practice squad
Wednesday morning, the team placed rookie OLB Alex Okafor on injured reserve and elevated linebacker Kenny Demens to the 53-man active roster from the practice squad.
Okafor, a 2013 fourth-round pick out of Texas, suffered a torn biceps tendon injury in a loss to New Orleans last Sunday.
Demens, an undrafted rookie out of Michigan, played with the Cardinals in the preseason before being released September 1. He signed to the practice squad the next day. In the preseason, Demens totaled six tackles, .5 quarterback sacks and a pass defensed.
To fill Demens' spot on the practice squad, the Cardinals signed wide receiver Devon Wylie Wednesday. Wylie, a 2012 fourth-round pick out of Fresno State, spent his rookie season with the Kansas City Chiefs and was released September 1.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?