Updated Sep 15, 2013 - 12:19 pm
Larry Fitzgerald active for Arizona Cardinals' home opener
Fortunately for the Cardinals, there will not be a fifth occurrence Sunday.
Fitzgerald, limited in practice after he "tweaked" his hamstring, according to head coach Bruce Arians, is in uniform and will play in the home opener Sunday against the Detroit Lions.
Fitzgerald, who last missed a game in 2007, had been officially listed as questionable.
So while the question of whether or not he would play has been answered, the question now becomes how much he'll play.
The Cardinals may have tipped their hand somewhat concerning Fitzgerald's health with the elevation of Kerry Taylor, the former Chandler Hamilton High and Arizona State Sun Devil, from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Saturday.
With the addition of Taylor, the Cardinals will dress five receivers in Week 2.
Meanwhile, tight end Rob Housler will miss a second straight game because of a high ankle sprain he suffered in the preseason finale.
The Cardinals' other inactives for Sunday's game:
QB Ryan Lindley
RB Ryan Williams
LB Alex Okafor
NT Alameda Ta'amu
OT Bobby Massie
OG Earl Watford
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.