Updated Sep 15, 2013 - 12:19 pm
Larry Fitzgerald active for Arizona Cardinals' home opener
Fortunately for the Cardinals, there will not be a fifth occurrence Sunday.
Fitzgerald, limited in practice after he "tweaked" his hamstring, according to head coach Bruce Arians, is in uniform and will play in the home opener Sunday against the Detroit Lions.
Fitzgerald, who last missed a game in 2007, had been officially listed as questionable.
So while the question of whether or not he would play has been answered, the question now becomes how much he'll play.
The Cardinals may have tipped their hand somewhat concerning Fitzgerald's health with the elevation of Kerry Taylor, the former Chandler Hamilton High and Arizona State Sun Devil, from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Saturday.
With the addition of Taylor, the Cardinals will dress five receivers in Week 2.
Meanwhile, tight end Rob Housler will miss a second straight game because of a high ankle sprain he suffered in the preseason finale.
The Cardinals' other inactives for Sunday's game:
QB Ryan Lindley
RB Ryan Williams
LB Alex Okafor
NT Alameda Ta'amu
OT Bobby Massie
OG Earl Watford
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett