Fantasy Football Weekly: Week 1 Preview
At QB you should be seriously considering playing Tony Romo against the NY Giants. I'm not saying you should play him over the likes of Rodgers, Brees, Brady or Manning (Peyton, that is). I feel really sad for you if Eli is your best option for Week 1, but he's a much better option than Can Newton against the Seahawks or even Matthew Stafford against the Vikings.
Down the list at RB is Reggie Bush. If you took him as your third running back, you can probably trade your second for a better WR or QB. Bush will be a PPR machine for your team and the Lions. Matthew Stafford enjoyed dumping the ball off over 80 times to Joique Bell and Mikel Leshoure in 2012, now he has the best receiving back since LaDanian Tomlinson.
A WR who demands at least a start at flex is Cecil Shorts. He was the Jaguars go-to guy last season through the air and that won't be changing this year, no matter who the QB is or will be by the midway point of the season. His 55 receptions and 7 TDs will surely be duplicated, and he'll be going up against a revamped KC team this that has yet to discover its identity under Andy Reid.
The best part about Week 1 is not having to tweak your lineup, but it gets much more difficult from here on out. You may be starting a guy regularly in the second half of the season you still haven't heard of, and one of your top draft picks may under-perform and end up on your bench. Either way, it's the best week to keep your eyes and ears open for the names that fit into the former category. It's never too early to jump on the next Alfred Morris, so don't be afraid to add the guy you've never heard of who puts up 120 yards and a TD on Sunday.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.