NFL writer King picks Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu to be Defensive Rookie of the Year
The third-round pick out of LSU does so with higher expectations than many had for him just a few months ago, with some, such as NFL writer Peter King, picking the "Honey Badger" to be the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2013.
Awards like this go to guys who make lots of plays. Mathieu has been diving all over Cards' practices, making circus interceptions and proving to the front office that it made a smart choice with this risky pick.
Mathieu finished the preseason with 12 total tackles, one sack and one pass defensed. He figures to get a substantial amount of playing time, as he can line up at safety and cornerback for Todd Bowles' defense.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.