Arizona Cardinals receivers making Bruce Arians' decision a tough one
After four preseason games, that question remains -- and it's not for a lack of qualified candidates.
"That's going to be the toughest one right now," head coach Bruce Arians told Paul Calvisi and Bertrand Berry on the Arizona Cardinals Radio Network. "Special teams will tell the tale of the tape on that."
There are four candidates vying for two or three spots, and all of them have made an impression in the preseason.
Jaron Brown, an undrafted rookie from Clemson, caught 11 passes for 145 yards and two touchdowns, including a 55-yard strike from Ryan Lindley in Thursday's 32-24 win over the Denver Broncos.
Also in the mix are veteran Mike Thomas, who signed during camp after getting cut by Detroit, undrafted rookie Charles Hawkins and former ASU receiver Kerry Taylor.
"Jaron Brown had made a nice couple plays, he's played extremely well the whole preseason on special teams," Arians said. "Mike Thomas is stepping in and making plays, Kerry Taylor makes plays -- it's going to be a tough decision at wideout."
All four candidates have played numerous snaps on special teams in the preseason.
Arians said he feels that 48 spots on the roster are locked up, but it's the last handful that he, his coaching staff and general manager Steve Keim will deliberate on before the roster is trimmed Friday afternoon.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.