Arizona Cardinals receivers making Bruce Arians' decision a tough one
After four preseason games, that question remains -- and it's not for a lack of qualified candidates.
"That's going to be the toughest one right now," head coach Bruce Arians told Paul Calvisi and Bertrand Berry on the Arizona Cardinals Radio Network. "Special teams will tell the tale of the tape on that."
There are four candidates vying for two or three spots, and all of them have made an impression in the preseason.
Jaron Brown, an undrafted rookie from Clemson, caught 11 passes for 145 yards and two touchdowns, including a 55-yard strike from Ryan Lindley in Thursday's 32-24 win over the Denver Broncos.
Also in the mix are veteran Mike Thomas, who signed during camp after getting cut by Detroit, undrafted rookie Charles Hawkins and former ASU receiver Kerry Taylor.
"Jaron Brown had made a nice couple plays, he's played extremely well the whole preseason on special teams," Arians said. "Mike Thomas is stepping in and making plays, Kerry Taylor makes plays -- it's going to be a tough decision at wideout."
All four candidates have played numerous snaps on special teams in the preseason.
Arians said he feels that 48 spots on the roster are locked up, but it's the last handful that he, his coaching staff and general manager Steve Keim will deliberate on before the roster is trimmed Friday afternoon.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.