Arizona Cardinals receivers making Bruce Arians' decision a tough one
After four preseason games, that question remains -- and it's not for a lack of qualified candidates.
"That's going to be the toughest one right now," head coach Bruce Arians told Paul Calvisi and Bertrand Berry on the Arizona Cardinals Radio Network. "Special teams will tell the tale of the tape on that."
There are four candidates vying for two or three spots, and all of them have made an impression in the preseason.
Jaron Brown, an undrafted rookie from Clemson, caught 11 passes for 145 yards and two touchdowns, including a 55-yard strike from Ryan Lindley in Thursday's 32-24 win over the Denver Broncos.
Also in the mix are veteran Mike Thomas, who signed during camp after getting cut by Detroit, undrafted rookie Charles Hawkins and former ASU receiver Kerry Taylor.
"Jaron Brown had made a nice couple plays, he's played extremely well the whole preseason on special teams," Arians said. "Mike Thomas is stepping in and making plays, Kerry Taylor makes plays -- it's going to be a tough decision at wideout."
All four candidates have played numerous snaps on special teams in the preseason.
Arians said he feels that 48 spots on the roster are locked up, but it's the last handful that he, his coaching staff and general manager Steve Keim will deliberate on before the roster is trimmed Friday afternoon.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?