Cardinals' Sendlein still feels good about offensive line
Cooper, who broke his leg in Saturday's preseason loss to the San Diego Chargers, was slated to start for the Cardinals at left guard this season. With him now out, Daryn Colledge is moving from right to left guard while Paul Fanaika, who played at Arizona State, will get the first crack at the starting right guard job.
Sendlein gave his full support to Fanaika in his new role, saying, "He's a physical guy, a local guy, so I'm happy to have him next to me. I think he's going to step in and do a great job."
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians is looking at Fanaika's promotion as an opportunity for the team to get an extended look at the guard. And the team did receive good news regarding Cooper, as Arians said there's a chance he will return at some point during the season, which Sendlein thinks could be a big boost for the team.
"Not only is it great to have a chance to have him back, I think it will only push him that much harder in his rehab knowing that he has a chance to play again this season," Sendlein said. "Knowing Coop, he's going to work hard and do everything he can to get back."
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.