Cardinals' Sendlein still feels good about offensive line
Cooper, who broke his leg in Saturday's preseason loss to the San Diego Chargers, was slated to start for the Cardinals at left guard this season. With him now out, Daryn Colledge is moving from right to left guard while Paul Fanaika, who played at Arizona State, will get the first crack at the starting right guard job.
Sendlein gave his full support to Fanaika in his new role, saying, "He's a physical guy, a local guy, so I'm happy to have him next to me. I think he's going to step in and do a great job."
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians is looking at Fanaika's promotion as an opportunity for the team to get an extended look at the guard. And the team did receive good news regarding Cooper, as Arians said there's a chance he will return at some point during the season, which Sendlein thinks could be a big boost for the team.
"Not only is it great to have a chance to have him back, I think it will only push him that much harder in his rehab knowing that he has a chance to play again this season," Sendlein said. "Knowing Coop, he's going to work hard and do everything he can to get back."
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.