Updated Aug 16, 2013 - 9:15 am
CBS writer predicts Arizona Cardinals will have winning record
Pete Prisco, senior NFL columnist for CBS Sports, predicts Arizona will finish the season 9-7, which would be a huge improvement over last year's 5-11 campaign.
However, a 9-7 record would only place the Birdgang third in the NFC West this season, according to Prisco. He puts the San Francisco 49ers at 12-4 and the Seattle Seahawks at 10-6.
The CBS writer picked the Cardinals to win the division in 2012, a prediction that backfired on him. He was slightly less optimistic about the team in this year's forecast.
This time, the Arizona Cardinals are not the pick in the NFC West, even if I did change that pick before the season started. (49ers fans, you can look it up.)
Prisco puts two other NFC teams -- the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins -- at 9-7 and six conference rivals with more wins that that in 2013, meaning Arizona would not make the playoffs.
Cardinals fans can rejoice in the fact Prisco did not predict either the 49ers or the Seahawks to make it to Super Bowl XLVIII. He thinks the Seahawks will get knocked out in the first round, and that the 49ers, despite earning a first round bye, will become victims in the divisional round to the Atlanta Falcons.
Prisco predicts the Cincinnati Bengals will win in the Super Bowl over the Falcons.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.